Admissions Process / Apply
Admission for the current school year (2020-21) closed on 15 February 2021. New students will no longer be admitted into the current school year which ends 11 June 2021.
Admission for the 2021-22 school year (New Students) will begin on Wednesday 7 April 2021 at 8:00 (CET).
- Grades 1-2 students with all levels of English may be accepted, unless the maximum ratio of ELL students for these two grade levels has been reached. For more information regarding ELL ratio maximums contact the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grades 3-5 students must have an A1 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 6-8 students must have an A2 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 9-10 students must have a B1 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 11-12 students must have a B2 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
*CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Students applying for Grades 3-10 who do not meet the minimum language requirement may still be accepted at CISP, but in a lower grade level to allow their academic English skills to improve. These students will be required to enroll in ELL classes as a condition of their acceptence to CISP. Students enrolled in the ELL program are not permitted to take Czech (as a foreign language) classes until they have completed the ELL program.
Students applying for Grades 11-12 who do not meet the minimum language requirement will not be accepted for enrollment at CISP.
If you would like to test your English language level, follow the link here for free practice exams www.examenglish.com.
ADMISSIONS PROCESS OVERVIEW
A non-refundable Application fee of 4000 CZK is due at this time of submission. Applications are not considered complete until all requested documents and the Application fee have been received.
- If the student is ready physically, socially, and academically to begin Grade 1
- What the student's English language proficiency level is and if they will need English Language Learner (ELL) classes
*If your student does not speak English, we request that parents arrange for an interpreter (not a relative) to accompany the student to the Interview. CISP can arrange an interpreter for Czech or Korean-speaking families only.
- Word Reading
- Sentence Comprehension
Parent/Guardian Interview with School Director: This is an informal interview with the School Director*. During which time parents are free to ask questions about academics and school life in general at CISP. This interview provides our School Director with an opportunity to meet new families and learn about your student.
*Interview may be conducted by School Principal or Guidance Counselor, when the Director is unavailable.
- Current age of the student and their age appropriate grade level.
- Academic English language skills.
- Entrance exams/interview results.
- Grade reports from previous schools and most recent grade level completed.
- Anticpated parent/guardian involvement.
Online Enrollment allows families to complete all necessary steps to finalize their student's enrollment.
Your acceptance letter will include an Enrollment deadline date, by which time the following steps must be completed and all signed forms returned to the Admissions office. Complying with the deadline will ensure your student's space is held at CISP.
Step 1. Complete the electronic portion of the Enrollment Packet through the FACTS Family Portal. Upload clear, color pdf files of the following:
- Student's Passport (photo page only)
- Student's Visa or Biometric card (front and back, non-EU students only)
- Student's Medical Insurance card (front and back)
Step 2. Sign and return originals of the following documents:
- Educational Commitment Contract (ALL parents for each student)
- Financial Obligation Contract (ALL parents for each student)
- GDPR Consent Form (ALL parents for each student)
- Parent/Student Handbook Agreement (ALL parents must sign, additionally students Grades 6-12 must also sign). Please read the Parent/Student Handbook prior to signing. This document informs you of all CISP policies and procedures.
- Travel Form (ALL students)
- Assessment of Medical Fitness (ALL students) must be completed by a doctor in the Czech Republic, valid for two years
- Student Code of Conduct (only Grades 6-12, parents and student must sign)
- Chromebook Agreement (only Grades 8-12, parents and student must sign)
- Permission to Leave Early/Arrive Late (only Grades 6-12, parents must sign)
The following documents are required only for those students living with a Legal Guardian (someone other than a parent):
- Legal Guardianship Contract (only students living with an approved Legal Guardian)
- Appointment of Legal Guardian form, signed and notarized in the CZ (only for students living with Legal Guardian)
Step 3. Receipt of 6 000 CZK Enrollment Fee (per student) and first tuition payment
All new families must attend required Orientation. During this meeting Enrollment documents will be reviewed and verified, and receipt of fees and first tuition payment will be confirmed.
During Orientation new families will receive training on the FACTS Family Portal to track their student's progress in classes, follow homework and missing assignments, and keep current on events and activities happening at CISP. The student's first day of classes will be decided once Orientation is completed.
Once Orientation is completed and receipt of your payments are confirmed, your student will be considered Enrolled at CISP. Parents will receive an email confirming Enrollment when all required steps have been completed.
- Czech language – all years of ZŠ
- Vlastivěda – Grades 1-3
- Člověk a jeho svět - Grades 4-5
- History - Grades 6-9
- Signed CISP Czech Citizen/Permanent Resident Agreement (form is available in the FACTS ParentsWeb Portal)
- Copy of the Enrollment letter (Rozhodnutí o přijetí k základnímu vzdělání) or Transfer letter (Rozhodnutí o přesunu žáka)
- Copy of Annual exam results (vysvědčení) rozdílových zkoušek z jednotlivých předmětů a ročníků
- How frequently will your child take the exams, dates if possible
- The subject’s year plan/course plan
- Contact for the Czech language teacher at ZŠ
- Any recommended literature