Admissions Process / Apply
Available spaces for the 2021-22 school year:
(Updated 7 July @ 13:00)
- Grade 1: FULL
- Grade 2: FULL
- Grade 3: FULL
- Grade 4: 1 space (0 spaces for ELL students; native or near-native English speakers only)
- Grade 5: 3 spaces (0 spaces for ELL students; native or near-native English speakers only)
- Grade 6: FULL
- Grade 7: 9 spaces (1 space available for ELL students)
- Grade 8: FULL
- Grade 9: 6 spaces (1 space available for ELL students)
- Grade 10: 3 spaces (0 spaces for ELL students; native or near-native English speakers only)
- Grade 11: 3 spaces (2 spaces available for ELL students)
- Grade 12: 6 spaces (0 spaces for ELL students; native or near-native English speakers only)
- Grades 1-2 students with all levels of English may be accepted, unless the maximum ratio of ELL students for these two grade levels has been reached. For more information regarding ELL ratio maximums, contact the Admissions office at email@example.com.
- Grades 3-5 students must have an A1 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 6-8 students must have an A2 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 9-10 students must have a B1 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 11-12 students must have a B2 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
*CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Students applying for Grades 3-10 who do not meet the minimum language requirement may be accepted at CISP in a lower grade level to allow time for their academic English skills to improve. These students will be required to enroll in ELL classes as a condition of their acceptence to CISP. Students enrolled in the ELL program are not permitted to take Czech (as a foreign language) classes until they have completed the ELL program.
Students applying for Grades 11-12 who do not meet the minimum language requirement will not be accepted for enrollment at CISP.
If you would like to test your English language level, follow the link here for free practice exams: www.examenglish.com.
ADMISSIONS PROCESS OVERVIEW
A non-refundable Application fee of 4000 CZK is due at this time of submission. Applications are not considered complete until all requested documents and the Application fee have been received.
- If the student is ready physically, socially, and academically to begin Grade 1
- What the student's English language proficiency level is and if they will need English Language Learner (ELL) classes
*If your student does not speak English, we request that parents arrange for an interpreter (not a relative) to accompany the student to the Interview. CISP can arrange an interpreter for Czech or Korean-speaking families only.
- Word Reading
- Sentence Comprehension
Parent/Guardian Interview with School Director: This is an informal interview with the School Director*. During which time parents are free to ask questions about academics and school life in general at CISP. This interview provides our School Director with an opportunity to meet new families and learn about your student.
*Interview may be conducted by School Principal or Guidance Counselor, when the Director is unavailable.
- Current age of the student and their age appropriate grade level.
- Academic English language skills.
- Entrance exams/interview results.
- Grade reports from previous schools and most recent grade level completed.
- Anticpated parent/guardian involvement.
Step 1. Complete the electronic portion of the Enrollment Packet through the FACTS Family Portal. Upload clear, color pdf files of the following:
- Student's Passport (photo page only)
- Student's Visa or Biometric card (front and back, non-EU students only)
- Student's Medical Insurance card (front and back)
Step 2. Pay the 6 000 CZK Enrollment Fee (per student) and first tuition payment
Step 3. Sign and return originals of the following documents:
- Educational Commitment Contract
- Financial Obligation Contract
- GDPR Consent Form
- Parent/Student Handbook Agreement (students Grades 6-12 must also sign). Please read the Parent/Student Handbook prior to signing. This document informs you of all CISP policies and procedures.
- Travel Form
- Assessment of Medical Fitness (must be completed by a doctor in the Czech Republic, valid for two years)
- Student Code of Conduct (only Grades 6-12, parents and students must sign)
- Chromebook Agreement (students in Grades 6-12 also sign)
- Permission to Leave Early/Arrive Late (only Grades 6-12)
The following documents are required for those students living with a Legal Guardian (someone other than a parent):
- Legal Guardianship Contract (only students living with an approved Legal Guardian)
- Appointment of Legal Guardian form, signed and notarized in the CZ (only for students living with Legal Guardian)
All new families must attend required Orientation.
During this meeting, enrollment documents will be reviewed, and receipt of fees and first tuition payment will be confirmed. Families will receive training on the FACTS Family Portal where parents can track their student's progress in classes, follow homework and missing assignments, and keep current on events and activities happening at CISP. The student's first day of classes will be decided once Orientation is completed.
After this, the student will be considered enrolled at CISP, and parents will receive an email confirming enrollment.
Parents are responsible for finding and registering their child with a fully accredited Czech school of their choice. This is referred to as kmenová škola (§ 38 par. 3). At the kmenová škola, the studentwill be expected to take either semester, annual, or biennial exams (§ 38 par. 5). The children take exams in the following subjects according to Vyhláška No. 48/2005, § 18 – 21:
- Czech language – all years of ZŠ
- Vlastivěda – Grades 1-3
- Člověk a jeho svět - Grades 4-5
- History - Grades 6-9
- Signed CISP Czech Citizen/Permanent Resident Agreement (form is available in the FACTS ParentsWeb Portal)
- Copy of the Enrollment letter (Rozhodnutí o přijetí k základnímu vzdělání) or Transfer letter (Rozhodnutí o přesunu žáka)
- Copy of Annual exam results (vysvědčení) rozdílových zkoušek z jednotlivých předmětů a ročníků
- How frequently will your child take the exams, dates if possible
- The subject’s year plan/course plan
- Contact for the Czech language teacher at ZŠ
- Any recommended literature