*Open Enrollment for the 2019/20 academic school year will begin 1 April 2019. You will find the Online Application link here on that date.
Students applying for Grade 1, must be 6 years old by 1 September 2019 or their applications will not be considered.
- Grades 1-2 students with all levels of English may be accepted, unless the maximum ratio of ELL students for these two grade levels has been reached. For more information regarding ELL ratio maximums contact the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grades 3-5 students must have an A1 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 6-8 students must have an A2 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 9-10 students must have a B1 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
- Grades 11-12 students must have a B2 (CEFR*) English language competency level.
*CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Students applying for Grades 3-10 who do not meet the minimum language requirement may still be accepted at CISP, but in a lower grade level to allow their academic English skills to improve. These students will be required to enroll in ELL classes as a condition of their acceptence to CISP. Students enrolled in the ELL program are not permitted to take Czech (as a foreign language) classes until they have completed the ELL program.
Students applying for Grades 11-12 who do not meet the minimum language requirement will not be accepted for enrollment at CISP.
If you would like to test your English language level, follow the link here for free practice exams www.examenglish.com.
2. Language Placement Survey
A non-refundable Application fee of 4000 CZK is due at this time of submission.
- If the student is ready physically, socially, and academically to begin Grade 1
- What the student's English language proficency level is and if they will need English Language Learner (ELL) classes
*If your student does not speak English, we request that parents arrange for an interpreter (not a parent) to accompany the student to the Interview. CISP can arrange an interpreter for Czech or Korean speaking families only.
- Word Reading
- Sentence Comprehension
Parent/Guardian Interview with School Director: This is an informal interview with the School Director*. During which time parents are free to ask questions about academics and school life in general at CISP. This interview provides our School Director with an opportunity to meet new families and learn about your student.
*Interview may be conducted by School Principal or Guidance Counselor, when the Director is unavailable.
- Current age of the student and their age appropriate grade level.
- Academic English language skills.
- Entrance exams/interview results.
- Grade reports from previous schools and most recent grade level completed.
- Anticpated parent/guardian involvement.
Online Enrollment allows families to complete all necessary paperwork to finalize their student's enrollment.
Your acceptance letter will include an Enrollment deadline date, by which time the following forms must be submitted to the Admissions office. Complying with the deadline will ensure your student's space at CISP.
1. Sign and return originals of the following documents:
- Educational Commitment Contract
- Financial Obligation Contract
- GDPR Consent Form
- Parent/Student Handbook Agreement (students Grades 6-12, parents and student must sign)
- Student Code of Conduct (students Grades 7-12, parents and student must sign)
- Chromebook Agreement (students Grades 8-12, parents and student must sign)
- Legal Guardianship Contract (only for students living with Legal Guardian)
- Appointment of Legal Guardian form, signed and notarized in the CZ (only for students living with Legal Guardian)
2. Upload clear, color pdf files of the following:
- Student's Passport (photo page only)
- Student's Visa or Biometric card (front and back, non-EU students only)
- Student's Medical Insurance card (front and back)
3. Pay Enrollment Fee of 6 000 CZK
Once all three steps are completed and receipt of your payment is confirmed, your student will be considered Enrolled at CISP. Parents will receive an email confirming Enrollment when all steps have been completed.
Orientation generally takes place in mid-August.
We are currently planning Orientation and will release additional information as soon as it is available.
- Czech language – all years of ZŠ
- Vlastivěda – Grades 1-3
- Člověk a jeho svět - Grades 4-5
- History - Grades 6-9
- Signed CISP Czech Citizen/Permanent Resident Agreement (form is available in the FACTS ParentsWeb Portal)
- Copy of the Enrollment letter (Rozhodnutí o přijetí k základnímu vzdělání) or Transfer letter (Rozhodnutí o přesunu žáka)
- Copy of Annual exam results (vysvědčení) rozdílových zkoušek z jednotlivých předmětů a ročníků
- How frequently will your child take the exams, dates if possible
- The subject’s year plan/course plan
- Contact for the Czech language teacher at ZŠ
- Any recommended literature